Annessa Chumbley, Registered Dietician, has created three peanut powered, family-friendly recipes. These recipes are a perfect way to get your family, even children, involved in the kitchen.
Here are some quick facts about the perfectly powerful peanut.
- There are 7 grams of protein and 19 vitamins and minerals in a one-ounce serving of peanuts
- Peanuts do not contain any cholesterol
- Peanuts and peanut butter have healthy fats making them energy dense foods
- Peanuts are a great source of fiber
- Peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer