Chili Lime Roasted Peanuts
- 2 cups raw, skin on, Georgia Peanuts
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 8 whole Thai chiles fresh or dried
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp coarse kosher salt
- 1 tsp neutral oil (peanut oil works best)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, lime zest and juice, basil, fish sauce, cayenne and oil in medium bowl. Toss chiles and peanuts with spice mixture to coat.
- Spread peanuts on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring the peanuts to a serving bowl. Garnish if desired, with additional toppings. These can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days, but are best when freshly made
Yields 4 cups. This recipe was created by Rachael White. https://setthetableblog.com/set-the-table-3/2021/9/15/chili-lime-roasted-peanuts