This recipe was the winner of our 2021 National Peanut Month Recipe Contest
- 1 16 oz. can chickpeas, drain; set liquid aside
- 1/8 cup salted Georgia peanuts
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground Chipotle pepper
- 4-5 tbsp sweet & spicy pepper relish
- 1 tbsp Georgia peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Georgia peanuts for garnish
- parsley if desired for garnish
- Prepare Hummus: Place drained chickpeas and peanuts in food processor; pulse to coarse chop. Add peanut butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, chipotle pepper and 2 Tablespoons chickpea liquid. Pulse to combine; process until mixture is smooth. About 2 minutes. Add 2 more Tablespoons chickpea liquid. Process until hummus is smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. If hummus is too thick, add chickpea liquid until desired consistency.
- Prepare Peanut Pepper Topping: In a small bowl, stir pepper relish with coarse chopped peanuts. Swirl on top of the hummus.
- To Serve: Garnish the top with additional peanuts and a parsley sprig as desired. Serve with your favorite assorted crackers, chips, pretzels or veggies.