Oriental Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 8 oz. can of water chestnuts, diced drain but save the juice
- 1/8 cup juice from water chestnuts
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/8 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp lite soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoison sauce
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- dash of salt
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp, medium or smaller size
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts use Fire Alarm by Planters to spice it up
- head of iceberg lettuce, wash and dry individual leaves
- Combine all the ingredients except the shrimp, peanuts and lettuce in a skillet or wok over high heat stir. Stir until the sauce is smooth and celery just begins to cook.
- Add shrimp and continue cooking and stirring until shrimp is pink (do not overcook), usually three to five minutes.
- Add peanuts and cook for an additional thirty seconds and re-move from heat. Wrap a spoonful of mixture in lettuce leaf to serve.