Nutty Spinach Dip
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- ½ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the spinach according to the package direction. Drain well and set aside in a largebowl along with the softened cream cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion along with the garlicpowder and thyme. Cook until fragrant and the onions have softened, about 7 minutes,stirring frequently. Add the onion mixture to the bowl with the spinach and cream cheese,along with the salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Transfer the spinach mixture to an ovensafe dish.
- Combine the stuffing mix and roasted peanuts in a food processor and drizzle with the oliveoil. Pulse 3-4 times until the mixture resembles very coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbmixture over the spinach.
- Bake the dip in the oven for 20 minutes or until warmed through and slightly golden on top.Serve with bread, crackers, and veggies for dipping.