- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 ½ lbs lean ground beef
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 Vidalia onion diced
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cans tomato sauce 15 oz.
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic 14.5 oz., undrained
- 2 cans chopped green chiles 4 oz.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chili powder add more if you like more heat
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- chopped peanuts for garnish
- shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain into a colander.
- To the same skillet, add green pepper, onion, and carrots. Cook and stir until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer meat, vegetables, and drippings to a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker. If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can use a large pot and keep on low heat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green chilies, peanut butter, chili powder, salt, pepper and paprika. Cook, covered, on low heat for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Top with chopped peanuts and shredded cheddar cheese to serve!
Recipe created by Very Stewart, The Very Vera Show.