Peanut Butter Black Bean Muffins
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup rolled oats, uncooked
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup egg substitute, such as Egg Beaters brand
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp hot sauce, such as smoked chipotle tabasco sauce
- pepper jack cheese, shredded
- plain greek yogurt and green onions to garnish
- Mix the first seven ingredients together to form a batter-like mixture with some texture left. In a small muffin pan, prepared with cooking spray, fill the cups 2/3 of the way full and bake at 350 degrees F. for 18 minutes, rotating once to allow even cooking.
- Remove and top each muffin with one tablespoon of shredded cheese. Bake for an additional two minutes. Remove and cool before removing from the muffin pan.
- Serve with a small dollop of Greek yogurt and green onions on top as a garnish.
Recipe Note: This makes a nice high protein bread substitute.