Cranberry Peanut Rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp olive oil salt to taste
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- white pepper to taste
- 1 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring the water, cranberry juice, orange zest, olive oil and salt to a boil. Stir in the rice. Cover the sauce pan and simmer the rice 25-30 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the liquid has totally evaporated.
- Empty the rice into a large serving bowl and add the peanuts, peppers and onion.
- Just before serving, season the rice with salt and pepper and add the dried cranberries, gently folding them in to prevent the rice from becoming sticky.