Thai Chicken & Pork Skewers
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1/2 lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- In mixing bowl, combine ginger, garlic, peanut butter, broth, soy sauce, chili oil, lime juice, honey and cilantro. Mix well and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut chicken and pork into strips and thread onto skewers. In a non-metal container,, marinate meat in half of peanut butter sauce 1-2 hours in refrigerator. Reserve remaining sauce for dipping.
- Heat oven to broil.
- Broil skewered meats, until done, turning once. In pot, bring remaining sauce to boil and serve warm as dipping sauce.