WASHINGTON, Oct. 22, 2020 – The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) today announced the appointment of three producers and three industry representatives to serve on the Peanut Standards Board.
The following appointees will serve the remainder of the three-year terms beginning immediately and ending June 30, 2023:
Southeast Region (Alabama, Georgia and Florida)
- Martin L. McLendon, Georgia (Producer)
- Elizabeth Kaye Smith, Georgia (Industry representative)
Southwest Region (Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico)
- Leslie D. Crall, Oklahoma (Producer)
- John Edward Bennett, Texas (Industry representative)
- Rachael Elizabeth Sharp, South Carolina (Producer)
- Michael Dennis Jackson, North Carolina (Industry representative)
The 18-member board was authorized under the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002. One-third of the board members are appointed each year. More information about the Peanut Standards Board and USDA’s partnership with the peanut industry is available on the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) Peanut Standards Board webpage or by contacting the AMS Marketing Order and Agreement Division at (863) 324-3375.
Press release from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.