- 20 Ritz crackers, crushed fine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 3 eggs whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- grated unsweetened chocolate
- Combine crackers, peanuts and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside. Beat egg whites and cream of tarter until stiff, gradually adding other 1/2 cup sugar. Stir in vanilla.
- Fold the cracker/peanut mixture into egg white mixture. Bake in pie pan (use your favorite pie crust recipe) for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool and top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate.
Submitted by Jamie Cromley, Brooklet, Ga.
Jamie Cromley is the wife of David Cromley, a sixth generation farmer in Bulloch County. The Cromley family grows peanuts, cotton and beef cattle at Nellwood Farms.