Peanut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 8 oz milk chocolate bar, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. On waxed paper, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until blended. Add in both sugars; continue to beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. On low speed, beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate until combined. Place 1/4 cup scoops of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Submitted by Beverly Reed, Pinehurst, Ga.
Beverly Reed is the wife of David Reed, a fourth generation farmer in Dooly County. The Reed family grows peanuts and cotton. David serves on the GPC advisory board.