Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups unsalted butter, chilled, cut up
- 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups honey roasted peanuts
- 2 10 oz package of peanut butter chips
- 2 8 oz package of toffee bits or 12 (1.4 oz) bars milk chocolate toffee, such as Heath bars, chopped
- Whisk flour, oats, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl at medium speed 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating just until combined. At low speed, beat in flour mixture just until combined.
- Stir in peanuts, peanut butter chips and toffee bits. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Gently form into balls and flatten slightly to about ½- to ¾- inch thickness. Freeze dough on baking sheets for 10 minutes or until firm. Bake about 12 minutes or until light brown on edges. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack 3 minutes. Place cookies on rack to cool completely before storing.