Peanut Butter Saltine Candy
- 1 sleeve ( 4 ounces) regular saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup rough chopped, dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line 10-by-15-by-1-inch pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray then lay saltines flat in single layer on prepared pan. Set aside.
- In heavy duty, 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, peanut butter and sugar. Stir constantly until butter and sugar are melted, bringing mixture to boil. Boil 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour cooked mixture over saltines and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over saltines. Let cool 3 minutes then spread melted chocolate completely over saltines.
- Sprinkle peanut butter chips evenly over chocolate. Return pan to oven 1 minute to soften chips. Pull pointed tines of fork through softened peanut butter chips to partially cover chocolate. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top, gently pressing into candy.
- Let cool on rack about 15 minutes then place in freezer 3 minutes. Remove from freezer and break into pieces. Store in airtight container.