Peanut Butter Mousse with Praline Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (firmly packed)
- For the mousse, using a stand mixer, beat peanut butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1 cup of whipping cream until stiff. Fold whipping cream into the peanut butter 1/3 at a time, mixing well after each addition. For the praline sauce, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, add brown sugar and stir.
- Bring to a boil and add 1 cup of whipping cream. Stir until smooth. Let cool. In a dessert cup, layer mousse, praline sauce and then mousse again. Top with whipped cream and crushed peanuts.
Submitted by Micci Ellis, Douglas, Ga.
Micci Ellis is the wife of Will Ellis, a first generation farmer in Ben Hill County. The Ellis family grows peanuts, cotton and beef cattle. Will is a former graduate of the Peanut Leadership Academy.