Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- mini baking cups
- 20 oz. dark chocolate melting wafers, split
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup peanut powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Arrange 50 mini baking cups on a cookie sheet. Melt half the chocolate wafers according to package directions, taking care not to burn the chocolate. Spoon a layer of melted chocolate into the bottom of the cups. Lightly tap the cookie sheet on the countertop to level the chocolate and allow to cool.
- In a two-cup glass measuring cup, thoroughly combine peanut butter, peanut powder and powdered sugar. Cook on high in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt and stir until smooth.
- Using two small spoons, spoon a layer of the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate layer. Lightly tap the cookie sheet on the countertop to level the peanut butter (may not be perfectly flat layer) and allow to cool.
- Melt the remaining chocolate wafers. Spoon a layer of melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter layer in each cup. If desired, top each cup with a little bit of topping(s) of choice. Lightly tap the cookie sheet on the countertop to level the chocolate and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container once completely cooled.