Cinnamon Twists with Chocolate Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 2 tbsp peanuts unsalted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Place a rack in the top and bottom third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425F. Lightly grease two rimmed baking sheets, or line with parchment, and set aside.
- Roll out the thawed sheets of puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface. If they are an uneven thickness, you can use a rolling pin to even them out. Make sure not to roll them too thin.
- In food processor, add the peanuts, cinnamon, sugar, salt and butter. Process until the mixture resembles wet sand. Spread the cinnamon mixture evenly over both sheets of puff pastry. Using clean hands, firmly press the mixture into the dough.
- Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the dough into thin strips about 1/2 an inch wide.
- Working with one strip of dough at a time, fold in half so ends meet and cinnamon filling is in the center. Holding the ends in one hand, use the other hand to gently twist the dough 3 or 4 times. Pinch the ends together and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, rotating pans halfway through, or until the twists are golden brown. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the twists cool, make the sauce by combining the peanut butter and chocolate chips in a medium, microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted and sauce is smooth. Add vanilla and salt and stir to combine.
- Serve twists with the warm sauce and enjoy!
Yields 20-24 twists Recipe created by Rachael White.