Southern Peanut Pie Tassies
- 4 Pillsbury pie crusts(refrigerated)
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped roasted peanuts (salted)
- Take pie crusts out of the refrigerator to allow to warm to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375degrees and grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- On a clean surface, roll out pie crusts and cut into 2 ½” diameter round pieces.
- Lightly press each round piece in the muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together medium eggs with a whisk or a dinner fork.
- Then, add sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir until mixed well.
- Microwave the peanut butter in a microwave safe dish for 10 - 20 seconds or just long enough to melt the peanut butter. Stir it into the filling mixture.
- Then, fold in peanuts and stir until mixed well.
- Spoon mixture into crusts about 3/4 full.
- Bake until set and crust is golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
Alternate suggestion: Use Mini Phylo Shells instead of Pillsbury pie crusts.