Instant Pot Chicken and Ramen with Peanut Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 ½ - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Zest of one lime
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons red curry paste more paste for a spicier sauce!
- 1 can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon garlic chili sauce or Korean chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 packages of ramen noodles uncooked
- 3-4 cups chicken stock depending on how ‘brothy’ you want the sauce!
- Chopped scallions
- Lime Wedges
- Combine minced garlic and lime zest in a bowl with peanut oil and brush on chicken thighs, sprinkle both sides with kosher salt.
- Turn the Instant Pot on to Saute setting (High) and add canola oil. Saute chicken thighs in batches until slightly browned on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Continue on Saute Setting and add curry paste, stirring frequently for about a minute until paste is fragrant. Add coconut milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger, chili sauce and fish sauce until combined.
- Add chicken back into the Instant Pot and set to manual high pressure for 12 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes. Open the lid, stir coconut cream into the sauce and add ramen noodles. Put on Saute mode for 3-4 minutes until ramen is al dente. Spoon into bowls and top with chopped scallions, cilantro and lime wedges.