Released: Sept. 23, 2022
TIFTON, Ga. – The Georgia Peanut Commission has selected 12 chefs from across the state to create special Georgia Peanut-inspired dishes for the annual Georgia Peanut Restaurant Week, taking place Oct. 4-9, 2022. Many of these chefs are repeats, thanks to the over-whelming success of last year’s program. Each chef will use ingredients including raw or roasted peanuts, peanut oil, or peanut flour, to name a few.
The selected chefs and some of their featured dishes can be found below. Also, be sure to visit the restaurants on Instagram for the special Georgia Peanut dishes on the menu and days they will be available.
- Athens Chef Jessica Rothacker, Heirloom Café, peanut-inspired dishes include Grilled Okra with Spicy Peanut Sauce, Tofu Scramble with Peanut Vinaigrette, West African Inspired Peanut Stew, and Peanut Butter Delight.
- Atlanta Chef Past Pascarella, Bastone and White Bull, will feature Farro Gamelli with Oxtail, Radicchio, Funduta and Fried Peanuts.
- Atlanta Chef Karl Gorline, The Woodall, will feature BBQ Octopus Sous Vide with Peanut Oil, Peanuts and Salsa Matcha Puree.
- Atlanta Chef Robert Butts, Twisted Soul Cookhouse & Pours, will feature Marinated Grilled Flank Galbi, Roasted Peanut Frisée Slaw, Peanut Garlic Chili Oil and Cornbread Dust.
- Atlanta Chef Nick Leahy, Nick’s Westside, will feature Peanut Crusted Skate Wing with Peanut Succotash.
- Atlanta Chef Matt Basford, Canoe, will feature Peanut Macarons with Chocolate Mousse, Dulce, Chantilly, Caleb’s Boiled Peanut Ice Cream.
- Atlanta Chef Parnass Savang, Talat Market, will feature a Papaya and Peanut Salad with Cherry Tomato, Long Bean, Garlic, Chili, Dry Shrimp, Fish Sauce and Lime.
- Blue Ridge Chef Danny Mellman, Harvest on Main, will offer Green Peanut Hummus with Roasted Peanut Collard fritter and Sorghum-Onion Mustard.
- Columbus Chef Jamie Keating, Epic Restaurant, has created Peanut Crusted Rack of Lamb.
- Savannah Pastry Chef Rebecca “Peanut” Ayers, Cotton & Rye, created Georgia Peanut and Brown Butter Parsnip Tart.
- Simons Chef Dave Snyder, Halyard’s Restaurant, Tramici, La Plancha has created several dishes including Fried Chicken Bowl over Mexican Rice with Black Beans with Roasted GA Peanut Salsa, a Pappardelle with Wild Georgia White Shrimp tossed with a Green Peanut Pesto, and Georgia Peanut Butter Pie with Roasted Peanuts.
- Tifton Chef David Scarborough, The Local, has created several dishes including an African Peanut Soup with a cucumber relish.
Georgia Peanuts Restaurant Week takes place in select markets across Georgia from October 4-9, 2022. Be sure to check each restaurant for days and hours of operation.
The peanut is one of Georgia’s most important crops. Thanks to approximately 4,500 peanut farmers, Georgia produced more than 1.67 million tons of peanuts in 2021, representing more than half of the country’s crop.
For more information on Georgia Peanuts visit www.gapeanuts.com or check out the Georgia Peanut Commission on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
About The Georgia Peanut Commission
The Georgia Peanut Commission was established in 1961 under the state’s Commodities Promotion Act. Today, the commission represents Georgia’s 4,500 peanut farmers and conducts programs in the areas of promotion, research and education. To learn more, visit gapeanuts.com or follow @gapeanuts on Facebook and Instagram or @GeorgiaPeanuts on Twitter.