This recipe is part of the Georgia Peanut Commission collection of recipes dating back to the 70s. We hope you enjoy our retro collection.
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- 1 cucumber, pared, seeded, and sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped, salted peanuts
- In medium bowl, stir together chicken, cucumber, scallion, ginger, and garlic. Mix well.
- In small bowl, stir together peanut butter, water, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar and hot pepper sauce. Pour sauce over chicken; toss gently.
- Serve on watercress; Garnish with chopped peanuts. Serve hot or cold.