This recipe is part of the Georgia Peanut Commission collection of recipes dating back to the 70s. We hope you enjoy our retro collection.
- 6 medium zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 12 oz. can Italian style tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp oregeno
- 1 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 lbs spaghetti or pasta of choice, cooked
- Parmesan cheese
- Additional peanuts to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut zucchini into strips. Mix zucchini with salt and let drain in a colander for 30 to 45 minutes; pat dry with paper towels.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add zucchini and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until zucchini is tender crisp. Lift out vegetables and set aside.
- Pour tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings into pan; boil over high heat until liquid is reduced to half. Add vegetables and peanuts; heat to boiling.
- Serve over hot pasta with a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and additional chopped peanuts.