This recipe is part of the Georgia Peanut Commission collection of recipes dating back to the 70s. We hope you enjoy our retro collection.
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 4 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 6 Pork Chops 1-inch thick
- 1 tbsp. Oil or Shortening
- 3 tbsp. Chopped Peanuts
- Combine peanut butter, lemon juice, chili powder and garlic salt.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in 1 cup hot water.
- Brown chops in oil on both sides in a large frypan with oven proof handle.
- Spread chops with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter mixture; reserve remainder.
- Pour 1/2 cup bouillon into pan.
- Cover and bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover. Sprinkle chops with 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts, and bake an additional 15 minutes uncovered.
- Remove chops to warm platter; keep warm.
- Measure drippings; add water to make 1 ·cup and return to skillet with remaining bouillon.
- Add reserved peanut butter mixture and beat until smooth; heat to boiling.
- Serve gravy with chops and mashed or baked potatoes.