This recipe is part of the Georgia Peanut Commission collection of recipes dating back to the 70s. We hope you enjoy our retro collection.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 3 oz. package cherry Jell-O
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 package "lady fingers" biscuits
- cherries for garnish
- Pour the evaporated milk in a bowl and freeze until only the edges become frozen. Meanwhile, dissolve the Jell-O in one cup hot water, add sugar. Mix in 1/4 cup peanut butter and refrigerate.
- Spread remaining peanut butter on the lady fingers and arrange on the outside of the serving dish. Beat the slightly frozen milk until it doubles in size, then pour in the peanut butter, Jell-O mixture. Place mixture inside dish. Garnish with cherries before serving.