This recipe is part of the Georgia Peanut Commission collection of recipes dating back to the 70s. We hope you enjoy our retro collection.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternating with applesauce. Stir in peanuts.
- Spoon into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 3S0°F. oven for 60-70 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from pan. Cool on wire rack.