This recipe is part of the Georgia Peanut Commission collection of recipes dating back to the 70s. We hope you enjoy our retro collection.
- 1 Frozen Pound Cake
- 1 bar German Sweet Chocolate
- 3/4 cup Cocktail Peanuts finely chopped
- 1 Container Frozen Whipped Topping thawed
- 1/4 cup Liqueur
- Carefully remove frozen pound cake from foil pan; reserve pan.
- Slice cake horizontally into 5 thin layers.
- If using bakery or homemade pound cake, freeze cake first for easier slicing.
- Chill chocolate; break into chunks and grate in a blender or food processor.
- Fold grated chocolate and finely chopped peanuts into 2 cups whipped topping.
- Assemble Cake: Place bottom slice of cake back in pan.
- Drizzle cake with about 1 tablespoon of liqueur and spread with 1/3 cup of chocolate topping mixture.
- Place next layer on top of filling
- Repeat process until all cake layers are reassembled ending with a layer of chocolate topping.
- Carefully wrap pan containing cake in plastic wrap or place in a plastic bag.
- Remaining whipped topping may be mixed with 1 tablespoon liqueur and served as a topping for cake.
- Thinly slice cake to serve.