This recipe comes from rising country music artist and TikTok personality Hannah Dasher's "Stand By Your Pan" cooking demonstration at the 2021 Sunbelt Ag Expo.
- 2 sticks salted butter (softened at room temp)
- 1/2 cup creamy Jiff Natural peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp peanut oil we used Oliver Farm
- 1 cup peanut flour we used Oliver Farm
- 2 cups cake flour Swans
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chunks optional for flavor preference (see notes)
- 24 oz strawberry preserves optional for flavor preference (see notes)
- peanut butter whiskey optional for flavor preference (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 315 degrees.
- Cream butter and peanut butter. Mix in sugar and salt. Add oil, vanilla, and a splash of peanut butter whiskey, if desired.
- In a separate bowl, sift all dry ingredients together.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and eggs to the cake mixture in three parts, eggs two at a time. Do not over-mix. (pulse the mixer until the yolks just disappear.)
- If making the chocolate version, dust chocolate chunks in flour and fold them into the batter.
- Pour into two buttered and sugared (or floured) loaf pans.
- Bake at 315 degrees for 45-60 minutes (or until just set).
- If making the peanut butter jelly version - remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, and glaze with strawberry preserves.
The base for the recipe can create two different flavors based on preference. If you're making the chocolate version, omit the strawberry preserves. If you are making the PB&J version, do not include the chocolate chips during baking. The peanut butter whiskey is optional based on preference.