This recipe is part of the Georgia Peanut Commission collection of recipes dating back to the 70s. We hope you enjoy our retro collection.
- 2 packages (10 oz) frozen, chopped broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Add mayonnaise, soup, onion, eggs and peanuts to broccoli and mix well. Put broccoli mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, pour melted butter over bread crumbs and mix. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and cheese over the casserole.
- Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes.