This recipe is part of the Georgia Peanut Commission collection of recipes dating back to the 70s. We hope you enjoy our retro collection.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 sticks butter (1/2 pound)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup cut celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (sauce)
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour, dip in milk, then dredge again in bread crumbs.
- Saute chicken in butter until browned on all sides. Remove chicken and put to the side.
- Saute carrots, celery, onion, and garlic in the same pan used for cooking chicken. When vegetables are tender, stir in thyme, basil and parsley.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into 9x13 baking dish saving the liquid for later. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over mixture. Pour chicken broth and white cooking wine over the vegetables and peanuts. Place chicken breast on top and cover pan tightly with foil. Bake at 375° F. for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Keep warm.
- Place strained juices from vegetable mixture into a small saucepan. Bring juices to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in yolks and heavy cream. Add salt, pepper, and additonal parsley.
- Serve chicken on top of vegetable mixture and top with sauce.