Asian Broccoli Salad with Peanut Sauce
Ingredients for Broccoli Salad
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into small florets or bag of frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup shelled cooked edamame
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 batch peanut sauce
- sesame seeds for garnish
Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp hot water, as needed to thin the sauce
Directions for Broccoli Salad
- Heat a large pot of water until it is boiling. Add in the broccoli florets and boil for 30 seconds. Use a strainer to transfer them into a bowl of ice water, which will immediately halt the cooking process. Drain.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and toss until combined. Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds if desired. If using frozen broccoli florets, prepare as instructed on bag.
Directions for Peanut Sauce
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. If the dressing is too thick, whisk in hot water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the consistency you desire.